Oxygen MagazineD's Editor-in-Chief Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My latest obsession

When Kristi Youngdahl submitted her Success Story to Oxygen, she included an interesting nugget of information. One of her favorite clean recipes is this: Preheat oven to 350. Spray 12-serving muffin tins with nonstick spray. Put 1 tablespoon each of old fashioned oats and blueberries in each muffin cup. Top off with liquid egg whites. Stir each cup; bake for 20-25 minutes. 
Last week I decided to give it a shot. The first time I made the recipe, I did it exactly how Kristi suggested. I brought them into work and they were a hit with the Oxygen and Clean Eating staff members. This past weekend I added raspberries to the mix, and I think they turned out even better.
Now I've become obsessed with finding even more variations. One of Oxygen's designers Megan suggested a dash of cinnamon. Assistant Editor Kirstyn added a slice of banana to the top once it was done baking. Clean Eating's Alicia is aiming for a savoury quiche-like concoction I'm looking forward to. 
If you have any suggestions, please send them my way!

1 comment:

  1. (Actually, I added the slice of banana about 5 minutes before they were done baking, then popped them back in to finish them off. That way the banana was soft and baked right in.)

    Alicia's savoury idea is genius! I'm thinking spinach and low-fat feta? Or smoked salmon and chive! The possibilities are really endless. This recipe is a new star player in my clean snack rotation too. Thanks for sharing it, Stacy K!

    ReplyDelete